Thursday, May 25, 2006

Current obsession

I named this blog after my current obsession, being the ten 200g balls of raspberry coloured 5ply yarn I'm ordering today from Bendigo Woollen Mills (email benwool @ bendigo.net.au with your name and address for a free shade card and an order form).

This is significant for 2 reasons:


  1. It's costing me a horrible amount of money



  2. I'm finally breaking away from small projects like hats, scarfs and tea-cosys (cosies?) and making something BIG. A jumper in fact, which is something of an essential when you find yourself living in Canberra.


I've found a design which I like, I've nearly made up my mind on the exact pattern and I'm going to buy 1 set of 4mm double-point needles and a 4mm circular needle tomorrow. Then it'll only be a matter of waiting for my wool to arrive, learning how to knit on a circular needle and then actually making the thing. It'll be easy I'm sure. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger :: amy :: said...

mmmm raspberries... if you like i will make you raspberry cupcakes in celebration of your raspberry blog. I managed to use the word 'raspberry' 3 times in that sentence. Impressed? Me neither ;)

2:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, have ytou finished it yet?

Moira

7:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home