Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Short attention span

I've made a bit of progress on my jumper, right now it looks like a shapeless mess, about 60cm long with the last 5cm knitted on circular needles, but at least it's started. It's all in stockinette stitch so I've been slipping the first stitch in each row as the pattern says, but it is still rolling quite a lot. Don't know whether this will mean the neckline will roll or not...

Anyway, I'm currently taking a break from working on the jumper while I make a pair of fingerless gloves, using some of the alpaca/wool blend yarn that I got from Bendigo Wool Mills (Mystique 8ply in Seaspray). I went to knitty.com yesterday and the featured pattern for the summer '06 was for fingerless gloves, with cable stitch around the cuff and at the fingers. It is very satisfying to be working on something which I can see taking shape after only one evening.

On a non-knitting note, I went to Sydney last weekend and had my car broken into. I lost my bag (not my handbag) and got my back side window smashed in. :( At least I didn't have my knitting in that bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home